Lilypie First Birthday tickers

2/10/11

13 weeks!!!

Today I am 13 weeks and one day! 3months! This is one happy Momma and Daddy to be!


How Far Along: 13 weeks


      Size of baby Symank:  about the size of a medium shrimp

Weight: lost about 12 pounds

Symptoms: ALL day sickness, headaches, tummy starting to harden, crazy dreams
and having trouble sleeping.

Cravings: The only thing i have been able to eat is Ramen Noodles

Movement:

This past week has been kind of rough I am still going to the doctor every week. My blood pressure has been out of control. 140/110
So they ran blood work on me and started me on blood pressure medicine that I have to take twice a day. I all so had to do a 24hr. urine culture so they could check for protein build up wich could mean preeclampsia. Thankfully the culture came back normal. Thank you lord. On the other hand the blood test showed that my protein is low so they have started me on a protein suppliment to build it back up. They will be keeping an eye on this because if it gets any lower I will be admitted to the hospital to get potassium in I.V form. Low potassium could lead to heart failure also with the high blood pressure could lead to a heart attack so I am just so thankful for such a wonderful doctor who truely takes the time and cares.

She also said I am dealing with Hyperemesis
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is a severe form of morning sickness, with "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."[

SymptomsWhen HG is severe and/or inadequately treated, it may result in:




Loss of 5% or more of pre-pregnancy body weight

Dehydration, causing ketosis and constipation

Nutritional deficiencies

Metabolic imbalances

Altered sense of taste

Sensitivity of the brain to motion

Food leaving the stomach more slowly

Rapidly changing hormone levels during pregnancy

Stomach contents moving back up from the stomach

Physical and emotional stress of pregnancy on the body

Subconjunctival hemorrhage (broken blood vessels in the eyes)

Difficulty with daily activities

Other than that the baby's heart beat is right on track and it sure is a little wiggle worm.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Love & prayers sweetie. Please take great care of yourself.

ajphillips said...

Have you asked your Dr. about Zofran? I wouldn't have made it without it. I took it for 26 weeks.

nathan&ambersymank said...

Thank you Lauren. Ashley I have been on it since 6 weeks somedays it works others it doesn't.

ajphillips said...

I still threw up every single day on it, but it did help me during the day. Hope you get some relief soon...I always tried to think about the sickness as being reassurance that I was still pregnant!

nathan&ambersymank said...

I know that is for sure it does make you think way! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see photos of your precious little girl. I know you will be so thrilled when you finally have her in your arms!

About Me

My photo
My name is Amber and my wonderful husband is Nathan. We got married on December 13,2008. We have been together for 7 wonderful years! Being married is the best, it is just amazing getting to experience everything in life with your bestfriend. Nathan is a Mechanical Engineering graduate from Midwestern State University. He works for a company called Hydra Rig. We love going to Texas Country concerts, hanging out with our families and enjoying life hand in hand. We love God! We adopted a dog Willie a 2 yr. old beagle and have a 9 month old cat named Romeo! For now they are our babies!!

Blog Archive

Daisypath Anniversary tickers