Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10/19/11

Random Wednesday



So our doctor had told us to give Stevie Poly Vi Sol. Well I had held off for a while.
The stuff is awful!!
So on Monday we gave her the smallest dose. She was trying her hardest not to throw it up.
I tried mixing it with expressed breast milk but she would not take it. Plus we don't really ever give her bottles so on top of her not liking the taste she didn't want the bottle.
Tuesday I gave it to her again this time it was the recommended dose. I gave her half, let her nurse a minute and then gave the other half. Once again it took all she had to not throw it up. You could just see it in her eyes and facial expression. Her little lip was quivering because it was so nasty.

A few hours later we had went to the dollar tree and she finally ended up throwing up some. It just wasn't settling with her.

Stevie already has reflux issues and some stomach and gas issues.
And adding the Poly Vi Sol was not going to help.

She had not had a bowel movement all afternoon tuesday up until 2 pm today (wednesday)
and for her if she doesn't go she is so fussy and restless. Her stomach was so bloated.
She finally went. It was a mess I had to put her clothes in the wash and then bath her asap!! She was just smiling afterwards, I could tell she felt so much better.

So Nathan and I decided that we aren't going to be giving her anymore Poly Vi Sol.
She is getting everything she needs from breast milk. I continue to take my daily vitamins and eat a variety of meats, fruits and vegatables. That's what im going to do.

I had to tell myself it isn't the law! lol! She is our child and it is our choice. All the doctor can do is recommend.

Also Nathan and I have been discussing solid foods for Stevie. We have decided that we aren't going to start her at 4 months we are going to wait until 6 months.

I will do another post on that later regaurding our reasons!

Well tonight I am going to be making chicken tacos with verde salsa!

Happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

We didn't start solids until a week before L was 6 months and I had planned on waiting til 6 months but she was showing lots of signs that she was ready. Now we did start cereal "ocassinally" around 4 months just to get her use to the texture. If you're nursing she should be getting everything she needs from you. I never gave L anything extra and our Pediatrician never recommended it either. She's completely healthy as is! I'm a huge advocate for the book Babywise and they recommend waiting until 6 months for solids. L has slept through the night since around 6 weeks old and always been a great baby, so I'm going to keep following the book strictly. It has a lot of great points in it! Mothers know best, so stick to what you feel is best! :)

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Stevie is certainly thriving, so you must be doing a wonderful job. Good for you for using your instinct--you have to do what you feel is best for your baby!

About Me

My photo
My name is Amber and my wonderful husband is Nathan. We got married on December 13,2008. We have been together for 7 wonderful years! Being married is the best, it is just amazing getting to experience everything in life with your bestfriend. Nathan is a Mechanical Engineering graduate from Midwestern State University. He works for a company called Hydra Rig. We love going to Texas Country concerts, hanging out with our families and enjoying life hand in hand. We love God! We adopted a dog Willie a 2 yr. old beagle and have a 9 month old cat named Romeo! For now they are our babies!!

Blog Archive

Daisypath Anniversary tickers